In this article, Today we will learn what is Database Management System? What is the full name of DBMS and its applications? Advantages and Disadvantages Database Management System. A database is a collection of data in an organized manner so that it can be easily accessed, managed, and updated. Some other operations, such as adding, updating, and deleting data can also be performed. Most databases have many tables, each of which contains many different fields. The database can be simple as a text file containing some data, or it can be a large set of multiple text files with some data can also be as complex. To define a database, two terms, often used from databases, must be known Database Management System.
Data is defined as facts, figures, and information that is stored or used in a computer, such as text, numbers, graphical images, or sounds that are used as a digital representation goes. There are mainly two types of data:
- Numeric data
- Alphanumeric data
A database is an organized from the collection of data that is organized. It can be easily accessed, managed, and updated. This includes databases such as SQL Server, Oracle Database, Sybase, Informix, and MySQL.
Management: Here management simply means managing data.
Database Management System
Database Management System (DBMS) is a software for creating and managing databases. The DBMS provides a systematic way for users and programmers to create, retrieve, update, and manage data.
Types Of Database Management Systems
There are three types of databases.
- Network Database: In this database, data is represented as a record and the relationship between the data shown as a link.
- Hierarchical Database: In such a database, the data is organized with nodes as tree structures (parent/child). The nodes are connected via links.
- Relational Database: This database also known as a structural database in which data is stored as tables.
Main Components Of Database Management System
- Tables: These are about the relational database model, where all the data is stored as tables. A variety of operations are performed on tables such as data collection, filtering, retrieving, and editing. Tables consist of records (rows) and fields (Cells) formed from erosion. This is the cell used to store data in tables.
- Field: Each column of tables is called a field. It is a region reserved for a specific piece of data. For Example: Customer number, Customer Name, Street Address, City, State, phone number, etc.
- Record: Record of tables is also known as Row or Tuple, and in other words, the record of data items of all fields related to entry such as an individual, company, transition, etc. Is a collection.
- Queries: It is allowed to extract data from a table or database as needed; it is called a query. The record is derived from a database in response to a query is called the Dyna Set of that query. A query shows the fields, records, and tables, etc. required to extract the data as per your requirement.
- Forms: You can enter, storing and modifying data in tables forms are presented as tables. Forms can be used to view your data, enter and edit data. Generally, people prefer to enter data in a well-crafted form instead of tables.
- Reports: When you want to print the records from the database on a paper, it is called a report.
The Main Functions Of Database Management System
- Managing Database: Managing a database is that it can be easily accessed, managed, and updated.
- Updating the Data: Updating the database as required.
- Data Modeling: Structured definition of data collection is known as data modeling.
- Processing Query: It is a mechanism for manipulating data.
- Security of Data: Database security is very important.
- Concurrency Control: The mechanism of multiple users access the database is called Concurrency Control.
- Crash Recovery: Data recovery after a system crash.
Advantages Of Database Management System
- Reduction in Data Redundancy
- Better Interaction with Users
- Improvement in Data Security
- Maintenance of Data Integrity
- Better Data Sharing
- Backup and Recovery
Disadvantages of Database Management System
- Cost of Hardware and Software
- Management Complexity
- Cost of Staff Training
- Appointing Technical Staff
- Database Failure
If you like This Article What is Database Management System (DBMS) and Types then Give him Your Feedback In Comments.
Follow aCodiz me on Social Media Platform
and also share Knowledge With Your Friends…
Thanks and Read Our Other Articles