What is PHP?
In this article, Today, we will learn What is PHP? Programming Language, PHP Full Form? History of PHP, Features of PHP, How PHP works? Advantages and Disadvantages of PHP. In this post, I am giving the answer some questions related to PHP. I hope you get your answer after reading this article. PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language. Most of the websites you visit probably use PHP.
PHP is being used to develop Dynamic Webpage. The full name of PHP is Hypertext Preprocessor. Before it was known as Personal Home Page. Nowadays, PHP is quite famous for building dynamic websites or web applications. If you have a good knowledge of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), you will not feel much difficulty in learning PHP. If you want to work on PHP, then you should also know about Database Management System. PHP supports various types of databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQLite, MS-Access, Informix etc.
As we know, PHP supports Object-Oriented Programming Language. Object-oriented programming provides many features, such as Class, Object, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Overloading, Data Abstraction, Encapsulation. Anyone can download and use PHP. If you want to use PHP then you need the WAMPServer & XAMPP software on your computer. You can create dynamic websites, static websites, web applications, login systems, forms, ERP systems and more with the help of PHP
What is Full Form of PHP
PHP stands for “Hypertext Pre Processor”. PHP was previously called the “Personal Home Page”. A website created through PHP is called a dynamic website.
History of PHP
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but PHP is also used as a general-purpose programming language. PHP was created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. The history of PHP is very exciting. It was created by Rasmus Lerdorf for his work, and he created a program called Common Gateway Interface (CGI).
He used the C programming language to create it. Through this program, he created his home page. Of particular interest, he used his database to create a web page. It was named the Personal Home Page. Later, many modifications were made to it, and Today we know it as PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor.
History of PHP Version
- PHP 1. 0 (8 June 1995)
- 2.0 (1 November 1997)
- 3.0 (6 June 1998)
- 4.0 (22 May 2000)
- 4.1 (10 December 2001)
- 4.2 (22 April 2002)
- 4.3 (27 December 2002)
- 4.4 (11 July 2005)
- 5.0 (13 July 2004)
- 5.1 (24 November 2005)
- 5.2 (2 November 2006)
- 5.3 (30 June 2009)
- 5.4 (1 March 2012)
- 5.5 (20 June 2013)
- 5.6 (28 August 2014)
- 6.x (Not released)
- 7.0 (3 December 2015)
- 7.1 (1 December 2016)
- 7.2 (30 November 2017)
- 7.3 (12 December 2018)
Features of PHP
PHP is a popular Programming language and has many features. Some of those features are common as it is provided by many programming languages like C, C ++, Perl. In addition, PHP also includes unique features of its own. In this article, I am giving the list of some unique features of PHP.
- Open Source
- Case Sensitive
- Platform Independent
- Error Reporting
- Loosely Typed Language
- Real-Time Access Monitoring
First PHP program: “Hello World!”
<h1>My first PHP page</h1>
echo "Hello World!";
My first PHP page
For the webserver to recognize our PHP files and scripts, we have to save the file with the “.php” extension. Following are the old PHP file extensions.
Note: You can create PHP files without any HTML tags, and this is called Pure PHP File.
Advantages of PHP
- Code and scripts are written in PHP. If you compare it with scripts written in JSP and ASP, then the code and scripts written in PHP run very fast.
- PHP source codes are available on the Internet. Consumers can make observations, modifications, and enhancements to it according to their needs.
- The PHP code is Platform Independent: can run on Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- There are many web servers available for PHP, for example, Apache, NGINX, or IIS etc. From my experience, Apache Server PHP is the best for web applications as Apache Server is open source and easy to use with a large number of supports.
Disadvantages of PHP
- PHP is not suitable for large web applications. It is difficult to maintain because it is not very modular. This makes it difficult to manage large web applications.
- There is an error-handling method in the PHP framework. This is not a proper solution for the PHP developer, so it is a problem with the PHP developer.
If you like This Article What is PHP? Programming Language|History, Feature and How PHP Work then Give him Your Feedback In Comments.
Follow aCodiz me on Social Media Platform
and also share Knowledge With Your Friends…
Thanks and Read Our Other Articles