What is XML (EXtensible Markup Language)?
XML is a markup language. The World Wide Web Consortium developed XML Markup Language. As we know, HTML is a very popular markup language. HTML is used to display page data. Data is often stored inside HTML pages and contains more than 100 tags. All these tags are very difficult to remember and use. XML was developed to solve all these problems. Today we will learn What is XML? History of XML, Features of XML, Use of XML, Difference Between XML and HTML. In this post, I am going to answer some such questions related to “XML”. I hope you get your answer.
XML is used to store and organize data. Can be used by combining XML and HTML. Combined Version of XML and HTML is called X-HTML. XML is a web designing language that we use to meet HTML limitations. The basic function of XML is to control data.
In XML, we can store or access data in a very small size, which is not possible in HTML. As we have read above, XML is a markup language, which defines rules for encoding documents in such formats, which can be easily understood by Human and Computer. XML has played a very important role in making the Internet more simple, comprehensive and useful.
XML is used for data exchange, and XML files are saved with a .xml extension. If you want to become a web designer and you want to make a career in the web designing field, then you should also learn XML after HTML and CSS to improve your work.
Example of XML Program
<? xml version="1.0" encoding="STF" ?>
<name> Mohan </name>
<age> 28 </age>
XML FULL FORM
XML stands for EXtensible Markup Language. If you are preparing for exams, then this information can be very beneficial for you because nowadays computer-related questions are coming in any exam, so you need to know about the full form of XML.
HISTORY OF XML
The development of XML started around 1996. Jon Bosak from Sun Microsystems was the prime mover for the creation of XML and was inspired by Yuri Rubinsky’s “SGML on the Web”. The World Wide Web Consortium developed it. The first version (XML 1.0) was created in 1998, and the second version (XML 1.1) was launched on 4 February 2004. XML is managed by an experienced team from the World Wide Web Consortium.
FEATURES OF XML
- XML is a very active and excellent option for handling data of complex structure.
- Through XML, data description can be given in Text Format (Description Text Format).
- The format of XML is human and computer-readable.
- XML handles the data in the tree structure, which causes faster processing.
- A proper technique is to store and reuse data for a long time.
- In XML, the data is described by the Markup Language.
- XML is used for offline storage and data processing.
USE OF XML
- XML can be used to maintain large websites.
- It used to perform data exchange between organizations.
- XML can also be used to load and unload databases.
- XML can be merged with Style Sheets.
- Any data can be expressed as an XML document.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN XML AND HTML
- XML is designed to carry data (Carry) while HTML is used to display data.
- All tags in HTML are predefined while tags in XML are not predefined.
If you like This Article What is XML (EXtensible Markup Language)? And History of XML then Give him a Feedback In Comments.
Follow aCodiz me on Social Media Platform
and also share Knowledge With Your Friends…
Thanks and Read Our Other Articles